Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Totally addicting - So easy that anyone can make them!)
Yield: 14-16 cookies
These cookies make me so happy. I don't feel as guilty because there is no flour, no white sugar, and no butter in the recipe. With only 5 ingredients they can be whipped up in 5 minutes. The flavor is better than the unhealthy cookies (that we all love and feel so guilty about after)! Did I mention that this recipe is so easy that my two year old is getting a hang of it!? To fellow gym lovers....ahem I meant cookie lovers, I had to share this recipe. Typing this is making me want another cookie right now!
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 1 cup peanut butter (I used Jiff Natural P.B.)
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark)
· optional: Heath bar pieces
1. Set the oven to 350F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Whisk the egg, brown sugar and baking soda together in a bowl. Make sure to break up any lumps in the sugar so that the mixture is smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop onto the baking sheet with a 1 1/2 inch baking scoop (or use a tablespoon), and space the cookies 2 inches apart.
6. Flatten the cookies slightly, and bake for about 10 minutes until puffed and just beginning to turn golden around the edge. Don't over bake, they will still be soft, but will firm up as they cool.
7. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a rack.
THE FINAL STEP IS TO ENJOY! I know that we have been! ;-)